Friday, January 1, 2021

2020 to 2021

Review of 2020:

In the first half of 2020, I was taking a break from blogging that I had begun at the end of 2019. In that time, I studied Islam, Hinduism, and Buddhism, about three or four books for each (also a bit on Taoism). When I got back into the blog, I worked on MSLN. The Future of Beauty was written toward the end of 2018 or the beginning of 2019, but it took until 2020 to edit it fully and release it.

In 2020, Scott Alexander took his blog down for fear of doxxing, so I looked around for other things to read and found the EA Forum. I read a lot about AI, and got into some of the questions related to longtermism. I learned some EA epistemic and communication norms.

Preview of 2021:

I have three reviews that I want to finish: (X-Risk, The Feeling of Value, and a population ethics reading list, all three of which come to me out of effective altruism. When I finish enough of them, I intend to start reading and reviewing one of George Berkeley's books, as well as more of the EA reading lists.

I don't have a very firm plan for where I'm going in 2021, except to develop MSLN more.

No comments:

Post a Comment