Sunday, May 22, 2022

Book Review Preview: Between Man and Man by Martin Buber

See also the review for which this is the preview.

Continuing with the theme of Judaism, I have a copy of Between Man and Man (by Martin Buber) that I've been meaning to read sometime. Buber was a Jewish philosopher and probably the book is influenced by Judaism.

I'm not completely sure what the book is about, but I know it has something to do with education, which is the topic of some other books I want to review. It looks like it also has a discussion of "what is man?" (which has something to do with my question of "what is a person?") and an expansion of Buber's dialogue-based philosophy.

MSLN is most influenced by Berkeley. But Buber has probably had the next-most influence on it, such as that is. As such, it's possibly a good idea for me to examine Buber's themes of "dialogue", "I-thou vs. I-it", and so on as he tries to apply them to things outside the space (perhaps a garden) in which philosophies have their own existence. Maybe I don't want to go down all the paths Buber does.

No comments:

Post a Comment